Thursday, July 31, 2008

Big Girl Bed, Sort of


Yesterday I moved Kailey's old toddler bed into Gianna's room. It has been in our playroom forever and it just keeps gathering more toys on top of it and underneath as you can imagine. I should have known I was opening the door for Gianna to ask to sleep in it, but I guess I wasn't really thinking about it. Gianna is a fantastic sleeper, she always has been. K still gets up every night and sneaks into our room no matter how many times I walk her back, she always ends up somewhere in our room by morning. She started climbing out of her crib at 15 months, and was in a toddler bed by 16. Gianna is quite the opposite, she LOVES to sleep. She goes down easy, sleeps all night, and takes huge naps. I have never considered taking her out of her crib out of fear this would change. Last night as we put the girls to bed she told me, "I am not a baby mommy, I am a big girl, I need a big girl bed!" I told her we'd give it one try and if she stepped foot out of the bed she'd be back in the crib. Just to prove to me she still was my baby, all of her 10 million blankets and stuffed animals had to come with her, oh her paci too. She did awesome and when I came in at 8 to get her she was just sitting in there playing with her toys. Today's nap time went the exact same way. I had to sneak in and take a picture of her curled up in her little bed. I guess it is time to start looking for a real bed, but for now we'll just leave her in the "sort of" big girl bed, that can help me feel like I have a baby at least a little longer.

No comments: