Saturday, February 28, 2009

Proud Mommy-Part 2

Last year almost this exact same time, I posted a drawing Kailey did of me. It was the first time she actually drew something that was recognizable and it was a huge deal. I couldn't believe she was about to turn 3. This year went so fast and now I am just one month from her 4th Birthday. Yesterday she came home from school with two projects that reminded me how I felt when she drew that first picture last year. The first one is Umbrella Bird (zoo phonics :) She never colors, only draws all the time. I didn't even really know if she could stay in the lines, or even if she new that was the goal of coloring. When I saw this picture I was amazed. I think she made such a beautiful Umbrella Bird. The next is a trace sheet for her name. Her class just started working on these, and I love to watch how serious she traces her letters. It is so cool to see her handwriting and her accomplishing such a big girl project.

No comments: