Sunday, September 28, 2008

My Crazy Birthday Present(s)

We have been thinking about getting a puppy for the kids, for about a few months now. We had ourselves convinced we would wait until Kailey was 4 or 5, but for some reason, we just couldn't drop it. I heard a story about 300 Beagles that were rescue from a puppy mill this week and 30 of them were going to be in our town for adoption. It got our minds working about, and trying to justify why we thought now was better than later to get one. I am home all the time right now, what a great birthday present to ask for, the kids always around, the weather is perfect to start training a puppy compared to the summer when it would be tough to get out, on and on, we are good at justifying something when we want it! While I did my Beagle research, I learned they were not the right breed for our already crazy house. The problem was, we already had convinced ourselves that we NEEDED a puppy.

I started looking at breeds and cross breeds that might work better with two small girls. While searching puppies in AZ, I came across of picture of a "Bicho-poo." It was the cutest thing I'd ever seen, plus no shedding or barking. Of course I jumped on Google and was sure this was the dog for us. We called the owner and said we wanted to come look at the black little puff ball. I fell in love on the spot, so did Gianna. We started talking to the man about the parents of the puppy and found out that their Bischon was the father and a black toy poodle was the mother. He went on to tell us that his Bischon also mated with King Charles Cavalier and he had a female "Cavachon." (I think these new dog names are really funny) He happen to have brought that dog with him. Of course we had to at least look at it. Nate and Kailey fell in love on the spot. It took us about 2 minutes to decide we couldn't split up this happy pair. They were born a week apart and had the same father.

We drove off with our two new puppies, completely unprepared to bring them home. I'll keep you posted on how it goes, but so far so good. They haven't made a peep, they adore the girls, they love to play ball and run, they really couldn't be cuter or sweeter.
This was the first time they met our cat. It actually went pretty well.
Holly and Fluff at the Park








No comments: