Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Proud Mommy




Kailey is turning 3 on Monday, and I think I am having a little bit of a hard time with it. I don't know what 3 is supposed to look like. She is turning into such a "big girl," but at the same time still seems like my baby. Just this week she has started dressing herself a lot more, she doesn't need me when she goes to the restroom. She tells me that she is 3, and that Gianna is a baby, Kailey is a big girl. Today she did something that made her seem so old to me that I wasn't sure if I should cry or smile. I think I did both. We were coloring before Nate got home and she drew a picture of me. I look mad in it, but I know she didn't mean it that way because she told me she was making a smile. She sort of did this earlier in the day and I made a big deal about it, so I think she wanted to show me that she could, in her words, "totally do it." (I wrote Mommy below it not her :) The crazy thing is this is the first picture she is ever really drawn of anything. Normally when I ask her what her pictures are she tells me they are rocks, I guess she sees a lot of those here in AZ.

No comments: